Sunday, December 5, 2010

One Special Lady






My Mother-in-Law Carolyn passed away on September 14, 2010. She had been struggling with many different complications since May 6, 2010, in and out of ICU. She is one of the most strongest, courageous people that I know. She was a very special person to me. She was always so caring and truly cared and loved people like no other. She loved her family so so much, and if i can be half the woman she was i will be alright.

She was so very excited to welcome another granddaughter. We were so excited for her to meet little ella, i remember going over to Fetal Fotos on July 1, 2010 to get a 4d imaging of our precious little girl and to show grandma carolyn her and hopefully lift her spirits while she was in ICU battling so hard to overcome her illnesses she had. I think we accomplished that. Her face lit up when she saw the video of her granddaughter. She truly loved her so much. It's amazing to me how much dates always seem to coinside with each other, Ry's birthday was the day before his mom passed away and ella wasn't due until October 4th, 2010 but came on September 18th, 2010. When we were mourning the loss of such a special person who's life ended so soon, we welcomed 4 days later a miracle, a beautiful baby girl. Talk about going through a whirlwind of emotions, ry was grieving the loss of his mom and welcomed a daughter all within a 72 hour period.

I will never forget, it was the Sunday before she passed away, and i thought i'm going to go see her myself, i remember just sitting there and i was telling her how much i loved her, and how much i appreciated her raising such a strong great son, Ryan. I told her that i would take good care of him, and that ella will know who she is, and she looked over at me and mouth to me, that she had missed out on so much, it was so hard for her, my heart just sank for her, she hadn't been able to go to any baby showers, she even had made a list together when she was doing so well, of what and who was going to be invited on her side of the family for the baby shower.

I love you Mom so much!

No comments: