Sunday, June 7, 2009

CaKe DeCoRaTiNg

I took a "Wilton Cake Decorating Class" with my cousin Emily. We took Course 1 which we learned about making roses and buttercream frosting and many other things!! It was a ton of fun, i love baking so this was way fun to learn a bunch of different things that has to do with baking!! I had to make a cake each week and make buttercream icing with 3 different consistencies. I love chocolate so you can very well guess what my cake was every week. The first week i put a bavarian cream filling in the middle of my chocolate cake which was delicious!! I had bought this bavarian cream filling some time back and was going to use it for cupcakes, so it came in handy for me for this class.



This is my 3 different consistencies of frosting
i had to make a thin, medium and stiff consistency
for cake decorating


This was my 1st cake, a little shabby but this rainbow cake was
very hard to make, i had to switch out the same tip for all the different
colors of the rainbow, which you can see i only got to 2 colors, it took me to long
and i ran out of time, so this is how i had to leave it, not looking to good.
I could not figure out how they get the frosting to look so smooth and not drag pieces of cake with your frosting, i learned i should of used a huge tip for frosting the cake first, instead
of using a spatula to smear the frosting onto the cake. I learned alot of valuable things to be a better baker!!

This is what i had to buy for "Course 1"
I had a ton of fun doing this, thanks Em for asking me to take it with you!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Your cakes turned out so cute!! We will have to take a class together so you can teach me your new skills!!:)