Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"BITTER" and "SWEET"











I'll start with the "bitter" and end on a "sweeter" note: Today is my Cute Mom's and Cute Sister's Birthday. My youngest Sister Brittany was killed 6 years ago this past June in a car accident. It is so hard not to have her here anymore. I just try to get through June and July because they are very difficult months to get through, alot of emotion and alot of heart ache and loneliness not having my sister here anymore. She was born on my Mom's birthday so it's a hard day as well as a day that you want to celebrate and be happy for my Mom's sake!! If i take a look back on this day it really is neat to have her born on my mom's birthday. She would of been "26", we miss you so much britt and wish that you were still here to wish you a "Happy Birthday" and give you a great big HUG!!! Life hasn't been the same since you passed away, but i try to hold onto the great memories I have of you and with you!! I love you and miss you tonz!!! Mom, i hope you had a great birthday, we always still try to make it the best birthday we can, you are a great mom and we love you so much!!

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh Sister you bring tears to my eyes! That was such a great post! You are such great sister and I so wish we could have been there! One day...sounds and looks like you guys had a great time!! The table looks so cute, you always do such a good job!! We love ya!!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday to your mom and sister!! It looks like you had a fun party:)

Jami said...

I am so sorry that your family has had to go through such a terrible tradgedy. I can't even begin to imagine!

Brooke said...

That was soo sweet! Happy Birthday to two beautiful women!

allieb said...

You brought tears to my eyes as well! Linds & I went to her grave and reminisced on all the fun times we had with her! We figured she would probably have been out at the bar celebrating with a shot of bacardi or something! Haha. I can still hear her cute laugh and picture her beautiful smile. She was such an amazing person and I feel so lucky to have been a part of her life, even if it was for a short time. I can't imagine how hard june & july must be for you and your fam though, it just breaks my heart. It helps to know that she is our angel watching over us now though and we will all get to see her again one day : )

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to celebrate for both of them. And YUM!! You even got a nothinbunt!! Brit is always so close. Never forget!

Kristin said...

You are so sweet! I can't imagine losing one of my little sisters. I am sure she keeping an eye on you!

Krista said...

What a cute idea. Love the poster you made and what a great pic of you and your sweet mom. 6 years, eh? Probably feels like an eternity somedays. Love you girl. You are truly amazing.

JulesandBriPoulson said...

It is so good to see pictures of Britt and remember her. I just can't believe she'd be 26! I always remember their birthdays, (cause it is the same as Jakes) I can't imagine what a hard day for you. You are so sweet to celebrate with your mom!